Monday 18 March 2013

////

touch of words

Tim and his partner, Bill, had been together for six years. One morning it all ended. “I really have never talked to anyone about this,” Gunn says slowly. “There were two major things that happened. The job advancement that I thought I was going to get, I didn’t. But the biggest blow was the complete erosion of my relationship. It was abrupt. It was like a surgical strike. I still have a big raw spot on me from it, and that was 24 years ago. We were watching television in bed, and he just turned to me and said, ‘I don’t have the patience for you anymore.’ I said, ‘What do you mean? Do you mean you want me to leave?’ And he said, ‘Yes.’ That night, I got all my stuff together and left.”
It’s here that Tim stops with the story, his voice wavering. “I’m about to break down,” he says before taking a long pause. “I’m not gonna go through it again. I’ve never been in a relationship since and I never will be. It was so devastating that I can’t possibly conceive of being more emotionally hurt and scarred than I was by that. I still love him, and I haven’t a clue where he is now. 
Tim Gunn - Instinct Magazine (2006)



0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment