Tuesday, 25 June 2013


fam bam

Hello hi howdieeee. Since my Bangkok post is still unfinished, I'll compensate with another picture post first. The whole of Saturday was spent with the family gang. As my mother likes to call herself now, she is my 'older sister' at the moment. Hah, this woman is not shy at all. But really, she seriously looks young for her age. Mommy, I hope you passed your genes to me, I'd be eternally grateful to have saved on that anti-aging cream.

Anyway, back to Saturday. Initially the plan was it to be my company's Family Day, which was a visit to the RWS Sea Aquarium. But due to the hazy situations going on that week, the event was postponed to the following for safety reasons. My family and I decided to go ahead anyway, since mom had already taken leave for the day and we sort of hoped that the place would be deserted. True enough, a lack of queues made my day (I absolutely hate anything to do with waiting). And we had a bus (188R) that took us directly to RWS and for 2 bucks. Awesome or whutttt. I'm no fan of fishes nor aquariums though (only killers like sharks and piranhas interest me), so we finished the place in less than 2 hours. With the lack of huge crowds the place was still pretty much swarming with people within the cramped space (yuck). Don't see myself heading back anytime soon though. Excuse the discrepancy in picture qualities, some (obviously camwhore ones) were taken with mobile.



As you may tell, my biggest fascination were with the jellyfishes. How cool are the color changing tones man. Like whoa. I wanna swim like a jellyfish too now.

Lunch was at Din Tai Fung. Mmm I love myself some 'xiaolongbao'. Good stuff. The rest was just basically a whole lot of touristy actions. My mom felt compelled to be cool and stole my Karen Walker frames for a post. Hah my mom is too cool for skool yo. How about that.


We took the Broadwalk route back to Vivo City. Out of the Sea Aquarium, the haze had pretty much died down a whole lot and we had clear skies for the day. Thank goodness we chose the right day to go, I'm sure next week will be swarming with packed sardines and I honestly don't deal well with large crowds. Heading back to Vivo, we made some shopping rounds. I am shocked, since my family pretty much detests shopping in regular malls. Managed to convinced my mom to get a pair of Mango pants off the sales rack, and some new frames from H&M to replace her cracked pair. No, not the mirrored one below. I think I rock'em well though, I'm off to search for a pair soon. Bought some more shit from Cotton On too. I really need to be a VIP there, somehow I just spend so much of my money there anyway. Check out my new baroque pyjame-esque pants. Finally a length that suits me and doesn't bunch up round the ankles. I'm a happy girl now, thanks. Dinner was back at Soup Spoon, my absolute favorite. Daiso after for more random buys, and a lot of fooling around.  We are a sporting bunch. Oh, and we got 2 large picture frames from Mini Toons which I can't wait to start choosing photos for. Fourteen straight hours of non-stop activity for the day, you can imagine how beat I was. But a really good day. Family time has never been appreciated more, my pleasure indeed. More to come, can't wait for more.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment