Wednesday 4 December 2013

////

Perfect.

What do I want to be when I grow up?
I want to be happy.
I want be the feeling.
I want to be the thrill during roller coasters rides.
I want to be the peace before sleep takes over the mind.
I want to be the cheer after a job well done.
I want to be the butterflies of a first kiss.
I want to be the passion behind marriage vows.
Let me be the emotion,
so you can’t be without me
every time you listen to that song,
discover the light in the darkness,
hear your name slip from your lover’s lips,
and receive kisses and hugs.
I want to be the admiration and triumph.
I want to be the feeling
when parents see their baby for the first time,
when the sun kisses the horizon,
when blissful memories are made,
when you go on merry-go-rounds,
when life treats you the best hand there is.
The opposite of grief.
The reverse of unworthiness.
The contrary to helplessness.
The inverse of disappointment.
The antithesis to fear.
The contradiction to pain.
So, ask me again
what I want to be when I grow up.
 by Natasha J., Happiness (NJ.)

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment