Monday 19 August 2013

////

new toys

A month long of silence, yikes. That's how long I've been gone. I've been lazy again, and nothing new's been happening sooooooooo. Yep.

Well anyway moving on I'm back for a short update post. And guess what? Judging by the awesome pictures, it means that I've gotten myself a brand new camera!! Yeah yeah, $$$$$ all over again. But I thought it was about time for an upgrade. My trusty old Olympus E-PL2 has been with me for a while now, and I suppose I was urging for something new. When I previously got the Olympus via an awesome deal on Groupon, no research was bothered and I sort of just went ahead since the design was nice and all that. Stupid way of investment, I know. But luckily, it was an alright camera and I by all means am not a great photographer anyway.

So before I decided upon the final choice, I set about on all the research needed. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to go for, but the picture quality was a must have. I don't need the best form from a Canon 5D Mark III, but I simply can't deal with any of those cheesy grainy digital pictures anymore either. Of late I've been printing and framing a whole set of great pictures taken from travels and with family, so to me a picture has got be good for a frame. Details of memories are what that counts. So I read up a whole lot of reviews about the latest cameras and their functions whatnots. Quite frankly, I kept changing my choices I was a tad annoyed with myself too hah! And let's be real, I ain't gonna be any professional anytime soon. The final choices came down to the Sony nex-6, RX100 ii, and the Fujifilm x100s. To be honest, I would've loved to get the Fuji, but ultimately it was out of my budget range. Last decision went to Sony RX100 ii, newly launched August 2013 (typical 'kiasu' me sought around to get my hand on it as fast as possible). In the end, I figured compact was still the way to go. My Olympus wasn't DSLR-sized, but bringing it out on usual days were a chore to me. The new camera only has one lens, non-interchangeable, and perhaps that's better so that I can't go about buying more unnecessary lenses.

So I brought the new Sony out last week to dinner with the girls. Test shots, and fooling around with the awesome Wi-fi function. Quality is pretty great, though I'll still need to figure out the various modes used (I can never seem to remember ugh). We had great fun doing self-shots all night after dinner. I can't wait to play with it more!

Next up, I need that iPad mini. $$$$$


0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment